Saturday, February 03, 2007

Ore's Podcasts

In a bid to make my blog more accessible, I created an account with Talkr. Talkr automatically creates podcasts from blog posts and allows you to include a link to these podcasts on your blog. My friend Gbenga has this on his blog and I always meant to try it out, but damn that ultimate thief of time - procrastination! Better late than never (one of my often-used phrases).

The tool isn't perfect (but what is?). The computer-generated voice speaks clearly, but often does not pause in the right places. And of course, the Nigerian words or slangs are hilariously pronounced. Instead of Ore, I have become Orr.

3 comments:

Atala Wala Wala said...

I'm not a huge fan of podcasts myself... whereas with text, I can go 'random access' and skip to the parts that I'm interested in, with podcasts I have to go 'serial' and listen to every - single - thing that is being said, whether I find it interesting or not.

Having said that, they are useful to download and listen to when you're on the road and you can't read - but it's only a matter of time before someone comes up with glasses that have scrolling text so that you can read and drive...

Ore said...

I see what you mean about having to listen to everything as opposed to skimming. I personally love podcasts and have my favourites that I subscribe to. Time to listen to them can be an issue sometimes.

Omodudu said...

It worked just fine, it takes a little getting used to though, I nearly lost it the first time i tried it out. Kudos.