Friday, April 04, 2008

Today

I attended the Titans of Tech's Women in ICT forum today at the MUSON Centre. It was interesting and, as it is with these things, I finally met someone who I've corresponded with many times by email and have spoken to on the phone. I was really tripped that she gave me a shout out after I asked a question and introduced myself. Woohoo! I'll have to blog about the event later; including the 'well-meaning' but sometimes off-the-mark comments on women working in technology.

Anyway, I've spent what looked like it would be a promising evening in front of my computer trying to figure out how to convert a TIF file to a PDF document. I mean, really, how hard can it be? Well, VERY trying as I was to find out. After several hours spent cruising the web for software that could do such conversions, downloading different applications and trying them out, I finally ended up with 3 that were able to do the job - albeit it with ugly watermarks across them. Ah well, they were trial versions, so I took what I could get. So, that was my 'relaxing' evening. Technology helps and yet it can really stress you out sometimes. Now, I'm going to really relax with a very, very late dinner, Top Chef and Project Runway.

3 comments:

Frances Uku said...

gurrrl, the Preview application that comes standard on Mac OS X will convert a TIF to a PDF with a simple 'Save As'. you for send am to me :(

Ore said...

ARE YOU SERIOUS??? I didn't know that. No wonder people keep telling me to get a Mac. Well, thanks for letting me know Frances.

Anonymous said...

you too sabi talk big big grammar, which one be you wan convert thief to pdp, them be thief already them no need convert

ndo sister

nkem