Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Natural Hair Section on BellaNaija

BellaNaija has introduced a column on natural hair called The Cotton Crown. It's great to see. I've seen more attention paid to nappy hair over the last year, including an article in Next, a feature in (shock! horror) This Day Style, a section in the UK beauty magazine Black Hair & Beauty (this was quite vast).

I don't believe that this has translated into a wider acceptance of natural hair, although I do see more nappies around. I guess those who have been natural all along feel more comfortable wearing their hair out and those who would never dream of wearing their hair this way still feel the same way.

2 comments:

this too will pass said...

just passing by; this may be of interest

http://www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandstyle/video/2010/jul/19/black-hair-beauty

Ore said...

Thanks. I also saw it on Naijablog and posted it. Feel free to share more natural hair resources.