Friday, September 16, 2005

Back to Lagos...Part II

We got back to Lagos about two weeks ago. It felt so good and "right" to be back- if that makes any sense. The traffic today, driving around Victoria Island and Awolowo Road in Falomo, almost made me change my mind though. But, traffic is a big part of Lagos. Everyone hates it and has to deal with it- and to think that I once complained about Boston traffic (shame!!!!).

We tried out Salsa dancing last week at a place in V/I. It was fun. The music was very infectious and made me want to get up and let rip. Unfortunately, I was there was a first-timer and so there was no "letting rip" for me. I might sign-up for the classes next week. It's amazing all the things that there are to do now. Ayoola and I have been promising ourselves that we'll go to the Silverbird Cinema to see a film- I'm sure that there must be a lot of new stuff that I'm yet to see. We haven't made it yet.

I have a wedding this Saturday and am looking forward to it, as it will be a very special wedding. Saturdays in Lagos hardly seem complete without two or three weddings. This will be my first.

No comments: