Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Teaching to Blog

Are you teaching anyone to blog or planning to? If you are, you will find these resources helpful: How (and how not) to teach blogging; and How to Grow a Blog.

Yes, setting-up a blog is easy, but maintaining it for the long haul is not a walk in the park. I have been teaching some people how to blog. The first issue you have to address before teaching someone to do something is why they would want to do it. I cast my mind back to school where I would always be taught the how before the why. But the time we got to the why, I really could give a damn.

Teaching itself is basically very hard and doing it well is both a science (because there are steps that must be taken to break down knowledge and share it in a way that makes sense to the students) and an art (because it is also a gift that some people are just born with and every good teacher has their particular style).

No comments: