Friday, March 27, 2009

This Charming Man

One of the things I promised to do this year was to read more ..... wait! Don't I make that resolution every year? Perhaps.

Anyway, with much excitement I finished my latest read This Charming Man by Marian Keyes. This was not a difficult read by any means, but those usual demons of no time, misplaced priorities (read: too much time spent aimlessly surfing) and no time reared their ugly heads. And I had selected this book, because I figured that light-hearted reading was the perfect antidote to a schedule bursting with other activities.

Well, to an extent, it was. It was very easy and engaging reading that I had no problem picking off where I left off - even after not reading it for over a week. Like most bestsellers, it was a page-turner and I was hooked into the storyline from the first chapter. A couple of years ago, I worried about my new-found interest in chick lit at the expense of my more serious books. I don't worry about that anymore; I'm just enjoying reading more regularly. And besides, I'm reading a lot more for work, so I suppose there is some kind of diversity.

Now, I'm reading a Christian romance - What a Girl Wants by Kristin Billerbeck. The first one I read a few years ago, Boaz Brown by Michelle Stimpson was quite good - unexpectedly so. So, I'm hoping this one is a good read.

No comments: