Wednesday, October 26, 2005

ICT4D

I found this site, the Harvard Global Voices, which people all around the world can contribute to with important news from their local communities. I need to somehow create a siderbar links section (if that's possible in Blogger) with all my favourite websites.

Anyhoo, here's the blurb and link to the Harvard Global Voices site:

Global Voices Online - The world is talking. Are you listening?

I've been asked at work to organize an awareness workshop for secondary school girls on engineering careers. The main aim is to educate the students about the different types of engineering careers out there and give them the opportunity to talk to women engineers. The hope is that the girls will gain a greater sense of what engineering is and how diverse it is and be more encouraged to consider pursing an engineering career. I'm really looking forward to this. I'm going to start researching and working on a program (though I have a lot of ideas already).

No comments: