Monday, August 07, 2006

2 Weeks to Passing Out

Don't really feel like writing about this, although I have been blogging about it so much all year. Since I am rounding up my NYSC year, everyone has been asking me how it feels, what I will do next, etc. To which I reply "Ecstatic" and "I don't know." Yes, of course I think I know, but who wants to talk about it (at least) once every hour?

This week is filled with a few passing out activities (though in true NYSC fashion, many people are vague on what it all actually means and where we have to be and what will be happening). Next week is mostly rehersals and then the big Passing Out ceremony on Thursday. It feels so much like an anti-climax at this point and it hasn't even happened yet. Ah well, on to new and exciting adventures ahead.

6 comments:

Pilgrimage to Self said...

The question now is:

Was it all worth it and what difference has doing NYSC really made? For me? None whatsoever. Just another avenue for a select few to 'chop' money.

Anonymous said...

why do i giggle every time i read 'passing out ceremony.' do they mean 'valedictory ceremony.' just how many ppl are going to be passing out at this do?

Anonymous said...

it is correct, but the double meaning still cracks me up :-)

Ore said...

With all its (many) problems and despite how much I complained about it, I have to say that I've had a lot of fun and made some good friends. NYSC was certainly a good way to ease back into life at home and the way of doing things here.

uknaija said...

Congratulations on your passing out. I too gained friends and experiences from my NYSC days in a apart of the country completely different to mine, and despite its numerous failings, I think there IS something to be said for the NYSC programme

Ore said...

Thanks, uknaija! It was actually a bittersweet feeling to be passing out. Bitter because I will miss many of the people who I saw every week. And of course, I will miss my CD days!!!!!!!!