Monday, May 21, 2007

How Much Fun Can You Squeeze into 1 Day?

I took the day off and am so excited. I've been needing some time off for a while and this day could not have come at a better time. I've just come off a few particularly hectic weeks. I'm looking at decongesting my life and letting go of the things that I really don't have to do.

Today has started off brilliantly. I was stirred in the early hours of the morning by the angry sounds of thunder and the rain pouring down in torrents.

Perfect! I thought. There's nothing better than having nasty weather outside when you don't have to be anywhere. It's even better when it's a Monday. There's a song by The Carpenters called Rainy Days and Mondays in which Karen Carpenter sings about her intense dislike for rainy days and Mondays. I love that song!

To my disappointment, I still woke-up around 6AM and haven't been able to go back to sleep. So I rolled around in bed until I couldn't take it anymore. I finished watching the film I started yesterday, The Lion in Winter. I really like Katherine Hepburn and will watch virtually anything with her in it. It was funny seeing the very young Anthony Hopkins and Timothy Dalton.

I daren't admit it, but I'm already a little bored. Hmmmm, no I will find another film to watch. My sister just bought Mahoganey with Diana Ross. I think I'll watch that.