Thursday, August 25, 2005

London: Again

My sister and I are now in London, barely 2 (or 3) weeks after last being here. We'll be here for a few hours, before leaving for Berlin. We got the Heathrow Express into central London. Taking the underground would have definitely been the cheaper option, but at least, we did get into Paddington station in just 15 minutes flat. Many shops were still closed when we arrived in Bayswater (about 8:30am), but we were able to get SIM cards for our cellphones. It took a while to install and activate them and make sure that our phones were working properly, by which time more shops had opened. We headed for the internet cafe, which is where we are now (obviously).

We'll do some bank stuff and after that will be free to spend our available few hours how we please. Apparently, Carol's Daughter (the natural hair and skin care shop) has opened a UK branch. I always wanted to visit their Brooklyn store whenever I was in New York City, but I never had enough time. So, I'm really looking forward to stocking up on as many hair products as my budget and suitcase will allow (bearing in mind that this is only the first day of our vacation).

No comments: