Friday, August 05, 2005

London

I'm in London now! I got here this morning. This is the first part of my return home. My sister and I will be here for 6 days, before going on to Lagos and then back to Europe for our real holiday. This trip was mostly to attend a friend's wedding. It's nice to be here and done with packing, selling, moving and the first part of travelling. I was worried about having excess luggage and having to pay for it at the airport. So, I got to the airport as early as I could. I still ended up paying the excess fee anyway. Now, I'll have to figure a way to move some of my luggage to another suitcase.

I'm planning on meeting up with friends while here, but I'm not here that long and I think I might have contacted too many friends for the short period that I'll be here. Well, we'll see how it goes.

I've been meaning to talk more about how hellish an experience my move was and how Uzo helped me out a great deal with- esp. doing a lot of heavy lifting that I'd have had to do myself (and hating every second of it)!!! But, there have been a lot more other things to write about, so maybe I'll talk about that later.

Anyway, London is the same as usual-so far! We haven't really been ayway as yet, just hung around the Notting Hill and Queensway area. Tomorrow, I guess we'll venture farther out.

No comments: