Sunday, January 21, 2007

Uganda Pictures

Shaded road on the drive to the Bujagali Falls
Photo: Shaded road on the drive to the Bujagali Falls

This is my favourite picture of all. Funny how you can take over a 100 photos, but only really love one. This was on the way to the Bujagali Falls in the Jinja district.


View of hills on the way to Jinja
Photo: View of hills on the way to Jinja


Billboard at Source of the Nile
Photo: Billboard at the source of the River Nile, Jinja District

We went here after the Bujagali Falls. It was serene, especially after the noise and activity of the Falls.

We had the best fried fish and chips at a shack of a restaurant here. Tilapia is a very popular fish in Uganda (or perhaps the cheapest) and ubiquitous on restaurant selections and the meals at the Speke Resort & Conference Center, where I stayed. I had Tilapia in almost every variation you can think of: fried Tilapia, boiled Tilapia, roasted Tilapia, baked Tilapia, broiled Tilapia. We all got so tired of it, so when I saw that it constituted one half of the menu at the River Nile shack, I sighed with exasperation but I had to hand it to the cook, it was excellent.

No comments: