Tuesday, December 12, 2006

A Voice For Ella

A Voice for Ella is tagged the Nigerian version of Cinderella. Wait, I just looked at the program and it's actually tagged "A modern adaptation of Cinderella" but it was described to me as a Nigerian version.

When I got to the MUSON, the lobby was filled with parents and their kids.

- Oh no! Please don't tell me this is going to be a kiddies affair.

Well, I needn't have worried. It was a lot of fun. The songs blended effortlessly with the rest of the play. You know when you watch musicals and can't wait for the song and dance routine to be over so that you can get on with the 'real' play? Well, it wasn't the case here. The dancing was also a lot of fun to watch. There were some problems with the sound system but I'm sure these will be resolved for future showings. People with children will especially enjoy this play.

Future showings are scheduled for December 17, 22, 23, 24 at 3pm and 6pm at the Civic Centre, Ozumba Mbadiwe Avenue, Victoria Island.

No comments: