Monday, June 05, 2006

Countries I Have Visited



create your own visited countries map
or vertaling Duits Nederlands

Saw this tool in action on tuckergurl’s blog and decided to try it out. I have only visited 6% of the world’s countries, though the map might make it look like more. Cities I have visited might have been more accurate since this map presents a somewhat misleading picture. For instance, in Russia I have only been to St. Petersburg but as you can see a large expanse of land is covered. Same with the US.

My record of African countries visited is truly woeful, but that is only a perfect excuse to travel. And goodness knows that as it is, I really don’t need one.

Try out the tool for yourself.

6 comments:

Nkem said...

What a cool tool! I've done about 6% as well, many of them in Africa, actually. But by the end of the year, it should have gone up to more than 7%. Yippee!

adefunke said...

does laying over in a place count?

Ore said...

Oh, lucky you! Where are you headed? I'm going to try and bump mine up too this year.

Ore said...

Funke, I guess your definition of visit is up to you. I didn't include any lay overs, because I didn't feel that it counted as a true visit.

Nkem said...

Ah, well. I'm doing Germany and Belgium because of the World Cup, and I'm hopefully adding Latin America (for "work") and possibly Sweden (for pleasure) as well. I'm racking them up! BTW what did you think of India? Been twice, but I was a wee lad then, it must have changed loads.

Ore said...

India was lovely, but that was about 9 years ago now. I think I'm due for another visit.

I spent most of my time in Delhi, but visited Agra, Jaisalmer, Updaipur, Jaipur, Jodphur (all in the state of Rajasthan), Bhopal (nothing there, but was a stop-over), Khajuraho (site of famed temple with erotic scupltures), Mumbai and Varanasi.

I really want to visit Kerala and Goa.