Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Zadie Smith Wins Orange Prize

The author Zadie Smith has won this year's Orange Prize for women for her third book On Beauty.

I haven't read this book yet, but heard that it's very good. My brother, who has a copy, believed that I would really enjoy it. I have taken a stab at one of Zadie's books, White Teeth, and for some reason I really couldn't get into it. I look forward to reading this one.

You can read the full coverage and see what books made the short and long lists. The thought of new books to read always gets me excited.

2 comments:

Morountodun said...

I couldn't get into White Teeth either but I tried 'On Beauty' and really enjoyed it. Lets hope Zadie marches on to write lots of other good books.

Ore said...

Let's hope so! And I will give "On Beauty" a try.