Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Extras

Wow, the days have been busy. I got Seasons 3 and 4 of The Shield (one of my new favourite shows) over a month ago and I still haven't finished Season 3. That's quite a sign of busyness. I did have time to discover a new (or maybe not) show called Extras. It's a BBC production, which centers around an actor played by Ricky Gervais (he calls himself an actor, while others snippingly refer to him as an extra).

It's funny as hell! I've heard so much praise for Ricky Gervais and The Office. Never seen The Office and until a few days ago, I could care less. Now, I'm curious. As I watched Extras, I realised how much I LOVE and missed British humour (what with all the American programs I've been watching in recent years). But Extras has a lot of those same butt-clenchingly embarassing but absolutely hilarious situations that Larry of The Larry Sanders Show and Larry David of Curb Your Enthusiasm (two shows that I really liked) got themselves into. So maybe it's not so much a cultural thing.

3 comments:

Pilgrimage to Self said...

Pllllllllleeeeeeeeeaaaaassssssseeeeeeee, watch the office. Fantastic with a hell of a lot of the cringe factor flung in. The episode where Ricky does his famous dance is a MUST watch!!

I never could get into Extra's though for some reason.

Anonymous said...

you have to watch the office first! it's amazing.

Ore said...

Looks like I must then.